These amazing cookies earned their big promise title because I am pretty sure they lead to a life altering course of marriage and baby bearing for me. My now soon to be husband and ‘baby daddy’ share a serious love for anything that combines peanut butter and chocolate. When we discovered this shared appreciation for chocolate peanut butter matrimony when our love was still new I hit pinterest hard, determined to find THE chocolate peanut butter cookie of his dreams, alright, alright, and mine! I never imagined I would discover a chunk of heaven quite like the one I found! I wish I could give credit where credit is due but the secret place in cyber space where I first found this magic has since vanished. Luckily I wrote down a brief guideline of the recipe and have managed to recreate and even perfect it with a few changes. There was sheer panic throughout our home a few months ago when the tattered and peanut butter crusted sticky note holding the holy grail of cookies went missing, it was a terrifying hour or so. So I thought it time to get it down in detail, and also thought it my duty to share with you, they are just too good to hold secret, all though that has been temping. The smell of these perfect little pieces of sweetness always take me back to the beginning of my man and I’s love story, also a perfect little piece of sweetness. Which then lead to, you guessed it, another little perfect piece of sweetness (very shortly there after I might add) our perfect little girl Brightly Jo; The baby girl who absolutely defines the line sugar, spice and everything nice! So it is with a heavy warning, even a suggestion of ‘protected’ use of this recipe I pass it on to you! I just know it will become a staple in your home!
– Ingredients –
-2 cups flour
-1/2 tsp. baking soda
-6 tbs. peanut butter
-1 stick of butter
-1 cup brown sugar
-1/2 cup white sugar
-2 tsp vanilla extract
-1 egg, 1 egg yolk
-3/4 cup chocolate chips
-3/4 cup peanut butter chips
-Note: if you want more of a chocolate punch you can use 1 1/2 cups of chocolate chips, that is what the original recipe called for, I just prefer half and half.
– Directions –
– Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
– Mix Flour and Baking Soda together in a medium glass bowl, set aside.
– In a large glass bowl measure out the butter and peanut butter and butter and melt in the microwave, usually about thirty seconds stopping in the middle to stir, heat and stir until all the chunks have melted.
– Slowly stir brown and white sugars into butter/peanut butter mixture while still warm.
– Add vanilla extract, full egg, and egg yolk.
– Slowly mix flour and baking soda mixture in to liquid mix until combined.
– Then throw in the chocolate and peanut butter chips. I usually just work these through with my hands. Your dough will be dry and pretty crumbly, even hard to stick together, thats normal.
– Make dough in to 1 or 1 1/2 inch balls depending how big you want your cookies. Put balls on cookie sheet and bake for about 8 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Note: These cookies will not fall at all so they can be close together.They usually turn out to be big half circle cookies like the ones shown in my picture, if you want a flatter cookie you can smash them down a little with the flat side of a fork.
I hope you and who ever you decide to share with enjoy these little pieces of heaven, oh and if your luck is anything like mine, your life together! 🙂
– (Pictures to come soon!) –
Disclaimer: Cookies contain too good to be true tastes and may cause consumer to fall madly in love with you. Prepare and share with caution. Use only with people you want to see again as they will return, sooner than expected in most cases. The blog ‘Sitka Trees and Salty Seas’ and it’s owner are not responsible for any unwanted attention, relationships, or addictive side effects that these cookies may cause. Thank you.